The role of public sector is changing in the modern world. Understanding the current agenda, issues, approaches and theories help students in the concerned field. The main objective of this course is to acquaint the students with new agenda, issues, approaches and theories in public sector.
Unit 1: Public Affairs Management (LH 12)
- Concept of public affair management (PAM)
- Paradigm shift in PAM: new public management (NPM), new public service (NPS), new public governance (NPG)
Unit 2: Management Approaches (LH 14)
- Strategic management: concept and significance of strategic management in public sector; process in formulation of strategic management; implementation of strategic management in public sector; problems on implementing strategic management
- Performance management: concept and significance of performance management; process of performance management and performance related pay
Unit 3: Discretion, Integrity and Ethics in Public Sector (LH 8)
- Concept of discretion, integrity and ethics
- Discretion management in public sector
- Ethics management in public sector
Unit 4: Marketing of Public Services (LH 6)
- Role and functions of government
- Public services delivery system
- Marketing strategies for public services
Unit 5: Emerging Management Techniques in Public Sector (LH 8)
- Innovative management
- Total quality management
- Knowledge management in public sector
- Diversity management
- Bangural, Y. & George A. L. (2007). Public Sector Reform in Developing Countries. UK: Palgrave Macmilan.
- Brendan, C. N. (2001). Public Sector Reform: An International Perspective. UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shahi, H. B. (2018). Contemporary Public Management. Kathmandu: Radhika Shahi.