The objective of this course is to provide students with a comprehensive knowledge on organizational behavior so as to make them competent and capable in understanding concepts, theories, tools and techniques of organizational behavior. This course intends to develop analytical and creative skills among the students so that they can practice it in actual working environment.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Organization Behavior (LH 6)
- Concept and evolution of organization behavior
- Organization behavior and public administration
Unit 2: Basic Human Processes (LH 10)
- Perception: factor influencing perception perceptual set in organization, perceptual errors
- Personality, determinants of personality, theories of personality, major personality attributes and characteristics
- Theories of learning: social learning and reinforcement
Unit 3: Individual in Organizations (LH 12)
- Organizational commitment, job involvement and job satisfaction
- Motivation: concept, content theories (need theory, two factors theory, ERG theory), process theories (expectation theory, equity theory, goal setting theory)
- Power and organizational politics
- Conflict management
Unit 4: Group in Organizations (LH 12)
- Concept of group and group dynamic
- Group formation, formal and informal group
- Team work and effective team performance
- Communication: concept, formal and informal communication in organization, communication barriers, effectiveness communication
- Leadership: concept, leadership style and theories of leadership (trait theory, behavior theory and situational theory: Fielder’s contingency theory and path goal theory)
Unit 5: Organizational Change and Development (LH 8)
- Concept of change, resistance to change
- Managing organizational change
- Concept and techniques of organization development
- Problems in changing the organization
- Adhikari, D. R. (2014). Organizational Behaviour. Kathmandu: Buddha Academic Publishers and Distributors.
- Agrawal, G. R. (2015). Organizational Behavior in Nepal. Kathmandu: M.K. Publishers and Distributors.
- Brown, W. B. & Moberg, D. J. (1980). Organizational theory and Management: A Margo Approach. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Kelly, J. (1987). Organizational Behaviour: Its Data, First Principles and Application. New Delhi: Surjeet Publications.
- Luthans, F. (1998). Organizational Behaviour Boston: Irwin McGraw-Hill.
- Mathema, S. B. & Bhattarai, M. (2071). Santhnatmak Bybahar. Kathmandu: Dhaulagiri Books and Stationary.
- Moorhed, G. & Griffin, R. (1999). Organizational Behavior. New Delhi: AITBS Publishers and Distributors.
- Newstrom, J. W. & Davis, K. (2003). Organizational Behaviour: Human Behaviour at Work. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
- Pradip, K. (1996). Organizational Theory and Behaviour. New Delhi: Kedarnth Ram Nath and Company.
- Pugh, D.S. (1971). Organization Theory. England: Penguin Books.
- Raw, V.S. & Narayan, P. S. (1995). Organization Theory and Behaviour. New Delhi: Konark Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
- Robbins, S. P. & Sanghi, S. (2007). Organizational Beaviour. Delhi: Dorling Kindersley.
- Singh, H. B. (2072). Sangthnatmak Bybhar tatha Manab Sansadhan Bybasthapan. Kathmandu: Asmita Books Publishers and Distributers.