This course aims to develop student’s knowledge and skills of administrative law required for effective management of administrative procedures in public administration.
Unit 1: Introduction to Administrative Law (LH 10)
- Concept, nature and scope of administrative law
- Sources and principles of administrative law
Unit 2: Constitutional Perspective (LH 10)
- Ideas and importance of the constitution
- The rule of law
- The theory of separation of powers
Unit 3: Legislation and Delegated Legislation (LH 10)
- Concept and process of legislation
- Delegated legislation: concept, need for growth and control
Unit 4: Grievance Handling Mechanisms (LH 10)
- Administrative tribunals
- Ombudsman, and Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA)
- Principles of natural justice
Unit 5: Judicial Review and Administrative Action (LH 8)
- Concept, nature and grounds of judicial review
- Wade, H. W. R. & Forsyth, C. F. (2005). Administrative Law. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- Pandey, K. R. (2058). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Niirmal Gurung.
- Devkota, K. L. (2059). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Pairabi Prakadhan.
- Khanal, S. P. (2066). Administrative Law. Kathmandu: Prashanti Prakashan.